If you experience a RAID failure from your server do not perform the actions listed below.
- Do not run any chkdsk options like FSCK, or CHKDSK. These utilities can corrupt or destroy your file system.
- Do not try to rebuild the RAID array. Doing so can wipe out data needed to recover the data you are seeking.
- Do not remove several failed drives at once hoping to reinitialize the array.
- Do not lose the correct order of the drives in the array.
- Do not try to repair any damaged drives yourself.